Saturday, December 25, 2010
Mom's Festive Cherryette Cookies
The Albrights made these cookies on Christmas day! These are one of our traditions. Dad says he used to make cookies with his mom in Allentown over 50 years ago.. This recipe is simple and yummy...
1) 3/4 cup Olivio ( margarine)
2) 1/4 cup butter (or just use 1 cup of Olivio and skip the butter)
3) 1/2 cup (10X sugar)
4) 1 tsp. salt
5) 2 TBS. vanilla (the good stuff is from April)
6) 2 cups all purpose flour
7) 1 cup finely chopped pecans
8) Candied cherries (red and green)
1. Cream butter/olivio & sugar.
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix into a soft dough. Let set a few minutes in a bowl.
3. Shape into 1 " balls and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
4. Press a small indentation in center w/ tip of finger & place 1/2 candied cherry in each.
5. Bake in 325 degree oven for about 25 minutes. (If dough is dry, add a few drops of water.)
6. Eat and enjoy!